So, the last time I pulled out my list of likes I got to number 17. I’ve been trying to think about what this part of my list should include and saw a prompt suggesting the topic for a blog post be “Cake or Pie” and knew that I’d found it. I love pie and cake. So, my answer is BOTH! Must have cake and pie. I’ll be honest, I’ve not tried most of these recipes, but they all look so good. Click on the picture to be taken to the recipe.
18. Pecan Pie-a southern classic that I just love. Where I live there are pecan trees all over so getting a good supply of pecans is just a matter of knowing the right person. I make one every year at Thanksgiving.
19. Peach Pie-there’s just something about the way the sweetness of the peaches and the flaky of the pie crust meet up that makes a peach pie just to die for.
20. Red Velvet Cake-I got into red velvet cake a few years back and just love it. I prefer mine with cream cheese frosting, though I’ve seen it made with other types. While I highly recommend the whole episode here if you just want the red velvet recipe fast forward to 13:20 or there about.
21. German Chocolate Cake-I think you will agree that the most important thing about German chocolate cake is the coconut pecan frosting. I don’t know what type of pie it is that’s in the picture with this one (probably a chocolate cream pie) but i thought it was appropriate.
22. Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting-I’ll be honest. If I’m going to make a cake, this is usually it. And it usually comes out of a box. I’m not ashamed to admit it. That’s the truth. It’s just easier. But, I’m not going to put a picture of a box right here, so I’ve got this one. You’ll have to trust me that it’s a yellow cake under all of that lovely chocolate frosting.
23. Carrot Cake-Carrots are, in my experience, one of the sweetest vergitables you can find. And I love the combination of the tangy cream cheese with dense, moist cake.\][p;o
24. Spice Cake-Similar to carrot cake, but without the carrot. And a bit spicier 🙂 Also really good wth cream chese frosting, though this recipe uses a butter cream frosting.
25. Apple Pie-There are a lot of apple pie recipes out there. And a lot of opinions on what makes the best pie. My mom puts raisins and nuts (usually walnuts) in hers. I’ve got a friend who swears by a crumb topping. I’ve even seen people make “apple” pie with Ritz crackers. But here I’ve decided to go original, as that’s what i usually do when I make apple pie.
26. Fresh Strawberry Pie-Nothing says summer like fresh strawberries. I know its not summer right now, well, it kind of is, but not the right part of summer. Still, it’s a nice thought.
27. Pumpkin Pie-Got to go with the original here. Everyone is always trying to change it up, but I think why mess with an original?
This isn’t a list of all the cake and pie that I like, but it’s close. I just wanted to share this with you all because I do love it so.